Monday, February 28, 2011

Here's to (less) meat!

I am not a vegetarian, but this is a vegetarian blog. I have no problem with the production and consumption of meat and personally love to cook and eat it.  However, I believe that we eat too much meat and use too many resources producing it. If more people ate more vegetarian meals, the world would be a better place. It reduces consumption and makes you a healthier person. I also believe that food should be delicious. Otherwise, what's the point? There should be no feeling of compromise when eating vegetarian. 

Here I will share vegetarian recipes that will satisfy the most blood-thirsty steak tartare lover (I am one, I should know). I'd like to inspire those who can't eat a meal without meat to enjoy an occasional vegetarian meal. I'd like to share and discuss recipes and cooking techniques with those who already enjoy vegetarian fare. I want to share recipes that make it simple and enticing to have a meat-free meal.

I challenge you to occasional vegetarianism. If you're already on that boat, I challenge you to make delicious food and share it with others. Let's spread the love.

Peace. (and carrots).

No comments:

Post a Comment